Fire fighters are pictured here in front of the 1922 Pierce Arrow pumper, celebrating their 3rd Annual Field Day. The Greece Ridge Fire Department was incorporated on August 3, 1922. The first firehouse opened in 1924 on the corner of Ridge Road and Long Pond Road.
Remains of the Elmheart Hotel following a catastrophic fire in September 1992. The fire likely started at 1 a.m. and was deemed suspicious by investigators. The hotel originally opened in 1890 and by 1992, had sat vacant for a number of years and developers owed nearly $25,000 in back taxes.
The Holiday Inn following catastrophic arson fire. The hotel was located at 1525 West Ridge Road and on 26 November 1978 suffered an arson fire that resulted in 10 deaths. The crime was never solved.
Newly purchased Cadillac ambulance for Greece Volunteer Ambulance, 1962. Greece Volunteer Ambulance service began January 1, 1959. By 1962, it had already responded to well over one thousand calls.
Greece Volunteer Ambulance vehicles, 1970's. Greece Volunteer Ambulance service began January 1, 1959 and received thirty six calls for service the first month of operation.
The Harris Dairy Farm barn fire located at 2040 English Road. The barn was struck by lightning on August, 18, 1937.
The old Crescent Beach Fire Station, 1930's.
1920's Barnard Fire Department fire truck.
Greece Ridge Fire Department chemical pumper fire wagon, late 1800's. This wagon was purchased by the Fetzner and Knipper families to protect their properties on the Ridge. It was made in France and is currently on display at the Greece Historical Society.
Pictured L-R Front Row: Chester Armstrong (former chief), William Kuntor, Harold McCann (chief), Gordon Howe, Frank Miller Back Row: R. Richards, Albert Groth, Wilbert Burns and Ira Witherow, 1940's.
Barnard Fire Department officers and volunteers, 1930's.
Two unidentified Greece Fire Department personnel teaching fire safety to students, 1984.
Ridge Road Fire District ladder truck, 1990's.
Fire truck bay of the Ridge Road Fire District, 1990's.
Town Supervisor Don J. Riley (seated in center) and firemen, 1984.