Aftermath of Hotel Manchester Acetylene Gas Explosion

Click the photo to enlarge and zoom

View Full Size View Large View Medium
Image ID:1883
The aftermath of the Manchester Hotel acetylene gas explosion, March 1916. The explosion occurred after the proprietor, Mr. O.M. Winslow, lit a match while inspecting the faulty gas lighting. He suffered the only injury in the disaster; a broken leg. It was located on the northeast corner of Manitou and Ridge Roads. There is a Doan Auto Sales lot on this corner as of the 2010's. After the explosion, the rebuilt hotel was used as rooming house until the mid 20th century.
Location:Greece, New York
Source:Office of the Town Historian
Categories: Hotels & Inns
Views:1541 Views
Date Added:May 17, 2019
Full Image: 5097 x 3035px
Large Image: 1024 x 610px
Medium Image: 420 x 250px
Share this image:

Related Images