The original District #6 school building, 1900's. Also known as the North Greece School and the "Gooseneck School," likely because of the shape of College Avenue, where it resided, it was incorporated into the Hilton School District in 1949.
Aerial view of Greece Athena High School looking east, 1970's. Long Pond Road is in the foreground. The site was chosen in 1961 and the school opened in 1969. Don Haefele was the first principal.
Aerial view of the Greece Olympia High School campus located on Maiden Lane. Looking south, Route 47 can be seen in the distance, prior to its construction and being renamed I-390, late 1960's
District No. 9 School was a two room schoolhouse located on Long Pond Road, just north of Maiden Lane. It taught students from first to eighth grade. It was converted into a residence in 1949.
Future Greece Town Supervisor Gordon Howe and the Charlotte High School basketball team, 1920's. Gordon is seen holding the ball and was a major contributor to Coach Carl Chamberlain's team. They were the champions of Monroe County in the 1923-1924 season, beating East High School for the title. Mr. Howe served as Greece Town Supervisor from 1934-1960.
Hoosick school was a one room school located on the southwest corner of Ridge and Manitou Roads, 1900's. The school sat across from one of the oldest cemeteries in Monroe County; the Hoosick Hill Cemetery. In 1956, the school building was moved to Dean Road and converted into apartments.
An aerial view of Greece Athena High School in the 1972s looking southeast. Located at 800 Long Pond Road. The site was chosen in 1961 and the school opened in 1969. Don Haefele was the first principal.
An aerial view of Greece Athena High School in the 1980's looking southeast. Located at 800 Long Pond Road. The site was chosen in 1961 and the school opened in 1969. Don Haefele was the first principal.
Students from Greece Archadia Middle School on class trip to Washington, D.C., 1999. The U.S. Capital building is in the background.
Class photo of District #11, 1907. School was located on Ridge Road where Home Depot currently stands.
Class photo of District #11, located on Ridge Road (where Home Depot is currently located), 1906. William Britton is far left, back row.
The 1938 Greece Central School Class.
The symphonette group of the Hoover Drive School, 1946.
Aerial view of the Britton Road School looking north-east, 1950's. Britton Road School was located at Britton Road and Dewey Avenue and opened in 1950. The school closed in 1981. This is the current location of Dairy Queen and the Big Lots Plaza (2019).
Laying the cornerstone of the Greece Olympia School, 1959. Myron White was the first principal and oversaw an initial student body of over a thousand students.